Just in time for the holidays, unwrap the latest Tableau version available, 9.2, and install it for your association. Staying current with Tableau Server is always a good idea:
- avoid version conflicts by always matching the version of Desktop available from Tableau.
- get the latest performance enhancements and bug fixes that are not always noted in new feature releases.
- if you require support, you'll always be asked to upgrade to the latest version.
The latest release also contains many new compelling features, including:
- Web Authoring – A powerful feature that enables licensed Tableau Server users to edit and create visualizations on the fly without a license for Desktop. New features added here:
- the ability to go directly to the sheet of a dashboard and manage data blends.
- additional access to the data fields including the ability to update the data type.
- access to formulas, including the ability to create a new one.
- updated toolbar makes finding the mostly commonly used features easier and improves usability across screen sizes (see image below).
- Permissions – it's now possible to set permissions at the project level. Previously they were inherited from Workbook and Data Source defaults. Administrators can also lock a project so authors cannot make any updates.
- Performance – Who doesn't want their visualizations and dashboards to render faster? Published workbooks take advantage of browser capabilities to display shape marks more quickly. Workbook legends are a little smarter to only redraw when visible changes are made. In addition, Tableau can cache more queries using its external query cache compression leading to leveraging a system’s RAM better.
The complete release notes and new features are here. Schedule your install today. If your IT vendor doesn’t directly support Tableau system updates, please contact us to discuss our Adoption Acceleration program which includes regular updates and maintenance.